Name: Jochen Blumberger
Date of birth: 4. May 1976
Place of birth: Salzburg
- PhD in Theoretical Chemistry, University of Cambridge, 2004
- Master of Interdisciplinary Natural Sciences, ETH Zurich, 2001
- from 2020 Co-Director, Thomas Young Centre, The London Centre for the Theory and Simulation of Materials
- from 10/15 Professor of Chemical Physics, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University College London (UCL), UK.
- 10/13-09/15 Reader (Associate Professor) in Physics, UCL, UK.
- 09/09-09/13 Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Physics, UCL, UK.
- 11/06-09/14 Royal Society University Research Fellow, UCL (09-14) and Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge, UK (06-09).
- 01/06-02/06 Guest scientist, National Institute of Material Science (NIMS), Tsukuba, Japan.
- 10/04-10/06 Post-doctoral fellow with Prof. Michael L. Klein, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
- 10/01-09/04 PhD student with Prof. Michiel Sprik, University of Cambridge, UK, thesis title: Ab initio Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Redox Reactions in Aqueous Solution.
- 04/01-07/01 Research assistant with Prof. Martin Quack, Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland.
- 12/00-03/01 Visiting fellow in Prof. Zlatko Bacic’s group, New York University.
- 10/96-05/01 Study of chemistry and interdisciplinary natural sciences at ETH Zurich. Master thesis: 6D Variational Convergence Calculations and Interpretation of Highly Excited and Quasibound States of HF2 Isotopomers, under the supervision of Prof. Martin Quack.
- 10/95-06/96 Military service
- 09/90-06/95 Technical school for chemical engineering in Wels/Austria
- 09/82-07/90 Primary and secondary school in Mondsee/Austria.
Awards, Fellowships, Memberships
- ERC Consolidator Award
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC)
- Hans-Fischer Fellowship, Institute of Advanced Study, Technical University Munich
- Bye-Fellowship, Peterhouse, University of Cambridge
- Royal Society University Research Fellowship
- PhD scholarship, Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Senior studentship, Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge
- Member of Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge
- Undergraduate studentships, ETH Zurich and Government of Upper Austria
- Member of the American Chemical Society
- Affiliate of the Institute of Physics
Editorial and Advisory Boards
- Editorial Advisory Board Member, Chemical Reviews, American Chemical Society
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of the Royal Society Interface, Royal Society
- Scientific Advisory Board Member, Italian Institute of Technology
- Committee Member, Theoretical Chemistry Group of the Faraday Division, Royal Society of Chemistry